Sunday, June 14, 2009

Who Wants A Dead Animal For Lunch?

I think I traumatized my son the other day. I was eating a corned beef sandwich when he came over, watched me for a minute, and then decided he wanted some. As I am always happy to get food into him, I quickly handed some over. After eating for a minute or two he turned to me and asked "Where does corned beef come from?" Without even thinking about it, I answered "From a cow, sweetheart." He looked confused for a minute and then said "Oh. How does a cow make it?"

After I finished choking on my half of the sandwich I tried to explain to him, delicately, that it wasn't so much made by a cow as it was made from a cow. Once again, I got that confused look and a noncommittal "Oh." He then put the sandwich down and walked away. When asked, he told me in no uncertain terms that he was finished with his lunch.

Any day now he's going to join PETA and tell me he's going Vegan.

1 comment:

  1. The cuter the critter the sweeter the meat! He's got to learn where food comes from sometime. Good work!

    ReplyDelete